- School: Ph.D from the University of Sedona specializing in Holistic Counseling,Year Graduated: 2013
- School: Master’s Degree from Lesley University, Clinical Counseling Psychology, Year Graduated: 1997
- License Number and State: 5539 Massachusetts
- Years in Practice: 20+Years
- Average Cost (per Session): $135 – $165
Strategies for Holistic Health and Healing
Holistic Health and Healing
- A psychotherapeutic approach aimed at assisting the individual to explore their inner life.
- Stress Reduction techniques such as mindfulness meditation, imagery, and guided visualizations.
- Stream of consciousness writing
- Breathing techniques
- Art and play therapy for children and adolescents.
- Parenting consultation and family therapy.
Effects on Physical and Mental Health
- Simple breathing techniques can be relaxing, lower blood pressure, calms emotions, and clears thoughts.
- Reduction in mental and emotional stress including worry, anxiety, compulsive and impulsive behavior, racing thoughts, confusion, and many forms of acting out behaviors.
- Increase in creativity and self-expression.
- Reduction in muscular tension, indigestion, and headaches caused by stress and insomnia.
- Increase in self-awareness, peace of mind, and a balanced life.
The Real Voyage of Discovery Consists Not in Seeking New Landscape, But in Seeing With New Eyes –
“I highly recommend Melissa Samartano’s “Meditation Using the Seven Chakras and Dolphin Healing Energy”. When I have attempted meditation in the past, I did not see the results for which I was looking. Melissa’s CD leaves me feeling at ease and, unlike other meditations, with a newfound energy. A calm energy that helps me to focus on myself and how I am feeling. I am able to visualize my meditation with the aid of her soothing voice and the dolphin sounds. If I enter into the meditation with anxiety or hesitation, once the CD begins, I am easily transitioned into my meditation. On days I feel out of control or anxious, the meditation leaves me feeling powerful and in control. What is even better is that it only takes 12 minutes out of my day, but gives me hours of peace. I believe everyone could benefit by taking 12 minutes out of their day to focus on themselves. Melissa has helped me to do that.”
“Melissa’s CD was a godsend for us. Both my kids share a room and find it hard to settle down at night. One, in particular, has a lot of anxiety. In desperation, I put the CD on one night and they both loved it. Melissa’s voice is so soothing, and the visualization techniques are easy enough for kids to follow. They both loved the healing dolphins. I definitely recommend this for anyone who struggles to get their kids to bed at night!”